Welcome to the Laboratory of Archaeology

Established in the fall of 1947, the Laboratory of Archaeology at the University of Georgia, is the largest archaeological research and collections facility in Georgia. Our mission includes:

(1) preserving and curating qualified archaeological collections and records,

(2) facilitating research for professionals and training students in archaeology,

(3) service to the state of Georgia.

 

Laboratory of Archaeology

1125 Whitehall Rd

University of Georgia

Athens, GA 30602

Google Map

Phone: (706)-542-9234

Fax: (706) 542-8920

Submit a Student Complaint

Privacy